Darby Acres Farm & Darby Safari are not open to the General Public.
A prepaid reservation is required
to visit our private property.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL; there are no refunds given.
* Tour appointments are scheduled online, through our online scheduling software.
* A prepaid reservation is required to visit our private property; we are no longer open to the public. We would like to be able to share our animals with everyone, however, a prearranged appointment is now necessary and required to visit our private property. *We kindly ask that you do not show up to our private property without a prepaid appointment. We could be caring for an animal in need, entertaining a scheduled event, working with an already scheduled pony ride or tour, etc. We regret that we will have to turn away anyone that arrives without a prearranged-prepaid, scheduled appointment. Thank you in advance for your understanding!
* *PLEASE READ THIS AND ALL POLICIES FULLY & CAREFULLY* For the safety and protection of our animals and grounds, gates to our property must be closed at the beginning of every tour. For this reason, we are unable to allow for any late arrivals. Gates will close promptly on the hour. IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT YOU ARRIVE FOR YOUR TOUR 5 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE START OF YOUR TOUR TIME. BECAUSE WE HAVE LIMITED OUR TOUR GROUP SIZE, FOR COVID SAFETY MEASURES, WE ARE UNABLE TO RESCHEDULE ANY TOURS DUE TO LATE ARRIVAL; ALL LATE ARRIVALS WILL FORFEIT THEIR TICKET(S) WITHOUT REFUND OR RESCHEDULING. Please prepare for your visit in advance by making yourself familiar with directions and travel time to our property. Please only use the address provided on your e-mail confirmation or you will end up and the wrong location!
* Please be courteous and arrive to start the tour on time! Your scheduled tour time may not be changed without a minimum of a 24-hour notice and must be approved by our scheduling department.
(Tour Guides are unable to make or reschedule tour appointments)
* To allow for tour guides to stay on schedule, we kindly request that you do not arrive with additional guests that are not a part of your prepaid reservation. If you would like to add additional guests, please call 704-930-3048, a minimum of 3 hours prior to your scheduled tour time to ask for your credit card on file to be charged for any additional people. (please be sure to be ready to confirm the last 4 digits of your credit card.) Because we have a limit on tour group sizes, and have a schedule we must keep with, we may not be able to approve additional guests requesting pony rides as it may overlap into our next tour time.
* Same day tour appointments are NOT available. Tours must be scheduled at least 1 day prior by 4pm.
* Darby Acres Farm & Darby Safari are NOT at the same address.
* Pony Rides are only available at the farm, as an add-on to a child’s prepaid reservation.
* There are no pony rides given at the Safari.
* Credit Cards are NOT Accepted at the Farm or Safari.
* There is no smoking, alcohol, glass containers, or outside animals allowed on the farm grounds by visitors.
* There is no food or drink sold on the property.
* No food or drinks allowed in the animal areas.
* Children ages 0-11 months are welcome at the FARM at no charge.
* (Non-walking children, ages 0-2 years, that will remain in their stroller, wagon, carrier, etc., for the entire duration of the tour, are welcome at the SAFARI at no charge.
* VERY IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ! – Darby Acres Farm & Darby Safari are separate, PRIVATE, locations and are NOT at the same address. Our private gates remain closed, except for scheduled appointments. Please refer to your e-mailed appointment confirmation for the correct address to arrive at for your tour. Please do not google or use the internet to find the address for our Darby Safari location or you will end up at the wrong location. You must open your e-mail confirmation for "The Darby Acres Farm & Safari Rules, Policies & Address". If you arrive at the farm for a safari tour, you will be late to your tour! (*Refunds & Reschedules will not be given for late arrivals.)
* We request that guests arrive 5 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment time. If you arrive more than 5 minutes early, your tour guide may not be available. **If your tour guide is tending to an animal and is not present when you arrive, please text the tour guide number, listed on your reservation confirmation, "We are here". **Please be assured that your tour guide will be headed to greet you shortly.
* Please do not visit any area of the property (including the playground, animal areas, etc.,) until you have been checked-in by your tour guide. ABSOLUTELY NO guest is allowed to walk the property unsupervised. We ask that you inform everyone in your group to stay with the group AT ALL TIMES and not wander away from your group. We take this rule extremely seriously and will kindly ask any guest unable to follow this rule to leave the property. This is for the safety of both the guests and animals.
* Please be courteous and arrive to start the tour on time! (*Refunds & Reschedule times will not be given for late arrivals.)
* Your scheduled tour time may not be changed without a minimum of a 24-hour notice and must be approved by our scheduling department. (Tour-Guides are unable to reschedule any tours.)
* Please do not arrive early or late in hopes of joining another tour time.
* If you are late for your reserved private tour time, your tour length will be reduced by the amount of time you are late so that the next tour can start at their scheduled time.
* If you purchase a safari ticket for a "Non-Walking" child (0 - 2 years), they must remain in their stroller, wagon, carrier, etc. for the duration of the tour. If you decide to let them walk on the tour, you will be asked to pay a regular admission price for their tour with a cash payment.
* If you are planning on purchasing any additional pony rides or buckets of feed, please bring exact cash payment as we are unable to give change or take credit card payments at the farm.
*CREDIT CARDS ARE NOT ACCEPTED AT THE SAFARI OR THE FARM.
VERY IMPORTANT: EVERY VISITOR TO THE FARM & SAFARI MUST SIGN A LIABILITY WAIVER. YOUR TOUR GUIDE WILL HAVE YOU SIGN A LIABILITY WAIVER PRIOR TO ENTERING DARBY ACRES FARM AND/OR DARBY SAFARI. CHILDREN UNDER 18 WILL REQUIRE A WAIVER SIGNED BY THEIR LEGAL GUARDIAN. IF YOU WILL BE BRINGING CHILDREN TO THE SAFARI, AND YOU ARE NOT THEIR LEGAL GUARDIAN, YOU MUST ARRIVE WITH A SIGNED WAIVER FROM THAT CHILD'S LEGAL GUARDIAN. LIABILITY WAIVERS ARE AVAILABLE TO BE PRINTED FROM OUR WEBSITE AND BY CLICKING HERE.
*A signed liability waiver is required for any person that steps foot on our property, including chaperones & bus drivers.
*THERE IS NO EXCEPTION TO THIS RULE. *
**NOTE: PLEASE DRESS APPROPRIATELY FOR A VISIT TO THE FARM AND/OR SAFARI****
Please be aware that the farm tour takes place on a sloped trail. The grounds consist of dirt, gravel, and mulched areas and is not considered accessible for most wheelchairs. If bringing a stroller, we highly recommend only strollers that have "All-Terrain" wheels.
There are no sidewalks or ramps located on property.Please keep in mind, when you are choosing your boots/foot attire and dressing yourself, and/or your children, that you are visiting animal grounds. It is recommended that you check current weather conditions to help properly prepare for your visit. Comfortable closed toe shoes (Please NO Flip-Flops), layered clothing, hats, sun block, water cooler, full water bottles, and hand wipes are some of the items that you may want to consider when preparing for your visit.We recommend not wearing any attire that you are worried about getting dirty.
If your child will be participating in pony/horse rides, please dress appropriately. (No Skirts) A low pony-tail, and hair free of hair-barrettes, hair-clips, bows and ribbon, is recommended for pony rides for a comfortable fitting helmet.
*If there has been recent rain, it will likely be muddy or wet throughout the grounds so don't forget your rain boots!
*Cancellation / Rain Policy: Should rain/inclement weather or any unforeseen circumstance arise, that would make for an unsafe environment, scheduled tours for the day will be cancelled and you will be contacted by our scheduling department to reschedule a tour for another available date within the next 12 months.
**If you are unable to attend your scheduled tour, you can reschedule by contacting our scheduling department at
704-930-3048 a minimum of 24 hours prior to your scheduled tour; If you do decide to reschedule, for any reason other than inclement weather, we will put your ticket towards another available tour date within 12 months, and there will be a $10 cancellation charge that well be deducted from your reschedule redemption code value.
A new appointment date will be based on calendar availability.
Any cancellation of a rescheduled date, for any reason other than inclement weather, will forfeit reservation without a reschedule date. If the tour has begun and rain has started…The tour will continue.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Absolutely NO CASH REFUNDS/REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES.
The management of Darby Acres Farm & Darby Safari reserves the right to cancel a scheduled tour at any time. The cancellation policy may be varied at management’s discretion under special circumstances.
* If you would like to cancel/reschedule due to inclement weather, you MUST call 704-930-3048, 2 hours prior to your scheduled tour time, and leave a voicemail with your name and tour time.
You will receive an e-mail, the next business day, with a reschedule redemption code.
**Please remember that if you need to cancel/reschedule the activity for any reason, other than inclement weather, a 24-hour notice is required, and there will be a $10 cancellation charge that well be deducted from the reschedule redemption code value.
If you have any other questions, please call our Scheduling Department.
Darby Acres Farm Scheduling Department: (704)930-3048
Scheduling Office Hours: (M-F) 9:00am – 12:00pm
Darby Acres Farm and Darby Safari do not receive any outside funding.
We rely solely on the wonderful people who schedule tours,
traveling zoos, and their generous donations!
We are so grateful & thank you for your support!
Interested in giving? Please click HERE for more information!
Do you have out of town guests coming to visit?
Tell them about our apartment stay available at Darby Safari! Check it out at by clicking HERE!
We hope to see you soon!